- PHD in Anthropology, University of Michigan (2002).
- JD in Law, Albany Law School of Union University (1984).
- BA in Anthropology, Dartmouth College (1981).
- Associate Attorney, Kelley, Drye & Warren (1984 – 1988).
- Clinical Associate Professor of Social Science, New York University (2002 – 2010).
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, York College, CUNY (2000 – 2006).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Michigan (1993 – 1996).
- [Article] Interpreting Women’s Protest: Ethnographic Research with Women Survivors of the Bhopal Gas Disaster, Rawat Publications: Jaipur, India (2008).
- Keynote Speaker: The Bhopal Disaster: An Ethnography of an Event, U. of Hyderabad: Int’l Conf. on Ethnography (2007).
- [Paper] My Boyfriend is a Thug: Language and Gender Transgression in Bhopal, India, American Anthropological Ass’n 2007 Annual Meeting (2007).
- member of Society of Lesbian & Gay Anthropologists (2003 – 2009).
- member of American Anthropological Association (1998 – 2009).
- member of American Ethnological Society (1998 – 2009).